Based in Hamburg, Germany
January 29, 2016
Everybody knows this modern day ritual, you try to call your best friend over Flype but then you can barely see or hear him. Now the search for the best reception begins. In our global game jam project "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?" two players need to establish a clear video connection before the battery runs out.
Since this is an multiplayer experience the game is being played through an app and a PC Game. The player with the companion app needs to verbally point the PC player to the spot with the best reception, which is indicated by the improvement of the video quality. The PC player on the other hand is literally "blind" in a snow storm and needs the help of the mobile player to make it through the snowy and windy maze.
So, can you hear me now?
- Cartoon 2D graphics
- Played on a PC (player 1) and a mobile phone (player 2)
- Player 1 needs to find a way to the target spot through a maze in a snow storm
- Cooperation and communication is required to reach the goal
- Set up project with Unity3D
- Implementation of game mechanics in C#
- Player input and character movement
- 2D physics for character movement and collision
Logo & Icon
Global Game Jam
The project was developed during the Global Game Jam 2016. More info at globalgamejam.org.
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? @ Global Game Jam 2016
Game page at Global Game Jam 2016 at globalgamejam.org.
The project was developed during a IGJam organized by InnoGames. More info at igjam.eu.
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? @ InnoGames Global Game Jam 2016
Game page at InnoGames Global Game Jam 2016 at igjam.eu.
Source Code @ Bitbucket
The whole project is open source and available at bitbucket.org.
Kerstin Buzelan aka Noody
Game Design, Project Management