Based in Berlin, Germany
Pop Rocket Labs
Based in Hamburg, Germany
Type of project:
3D Character Video Messaging App
2.5 months (October - December 2017)
09th April 2018
Beamy is a messaging app where users can create customized 3D characters. Animations can be triggered via emojis and text can be added to send a video messages to friends. Additionally the 3D character can be placed in the real world via Augmented Reality.
The Beamy GmbH approached Pop Rocket Labs to make a running prototype ready for the first release. I joined the development to mainly take care about user interface refactoring, video recording, account management (frontend/backend) and bug fixing.
- Video Messaging App with 3D characters
- Fully customizable 3D characters
- High quality 3D character animations within Unity3D
- Augmented Reality to place 3D character in real world
- Realtime Video recording on phones
- Freelance Programmer
- Refactoring of the general project structure
- User interface implementations (Setup, Input, Animations)
- Optimizations of video recording on mobile devices
- Account Management (e.g. mail & Google sign in) on frontend and backend
- Client-Server communication
Logo & Icon
Official Beamy website at beamy.me.
Official Facebook page at facebook.com.
Official Instagramm page at instagram.com.
Official YouTube channel at youtube.com.
Official Twitter account at twitter.com.
Project Management, Planning, Direction