November 15th – 17th, 2013
After 3 great and successful Startup Weekend events in Hamburg, the Startup Weekend Gaming 2013 took place from 15th – 17th November 2013! It was the first themed Startup Weekend, especially crafted for game developers of all kind!
Video games are no new thing: They existed since the first bits ran through the first computers. Most of you probably heard of Pong from 1972, but there were already earlier attempts to have fun with electronic devices.
However, video games in the early days were mostly a hobby of computer scientists and nerds. This changed dramatically with the rise of smartphones, tablets and Facebook. Games became something nearly everybody tried and many liked. Nowadays, there are many different technologies with mobile and browser games with billions of players all over the world.
Hamburg has one of the biggest game development industries in Germany and probably the biggest browser game industry throughout Europe. There are not only many big players, like Bigpoint, InnoGames and Goodgame Studios, but also a great startup landscape which grew there in the last few years.
This was the perfect area to get together highly motivated, ambitious founders who are willing to find a team for their very own Indie Game Startup.
No Talk, All Action. Launch a Startup in 54 hours!
- Special-themed Startup Weekend, a popular international event format
- 54h startup acceleration event
- More than 30 participants
- Mentoring for participants during the event
- Judges evaluate the finished concepts and prototypes
- Food and drinks so nobody stays hungry and can concentrate on their ideas
- Organization of the event together with other organizers from Hamburg
- Communication with the Startup Weekend Organization
- Getting mentors on board to give adivce to participants
- Handle communication with the event location (Bigpoint) and sponsors (ExitGames, 1337Mate, TaylorWessing,...)
- Promoting the event on social media
- Taking care on-site to make sure everything works out
Logo & Icon
Get all information about the Startup Weekend format at startupweekend.org.
Startup Weekend Blog
Announcement of the event at hamburg.startupweekend.org.
Startup Weekend Blog
Summary of the event at hamburg.startupweekend.org.
Twitter stream during the event at twitter.com.
Photo gallery at flickr.com.
Event on Facebook at facebook.com.
Gold Sponsor Alliance
Local indie developers support the Startup Weekend Gaming at slashgames.org.
Startup Weekend Gaming Credits